Shahid Kamal Ahmad
I work in the video games business and have done since 1982; I am currently working on na multi-platform game with my video game company Ultimatum Games Ltd.
Having recently enjoyed an amazing decade at PlayStation where I was an integral part of the success of the PS4 and having commission over a hundred titles, including the groundbreaking No Man’s Sky, I rejoined the independent development community in December 2015. At PlayStation I also helped to reboot the Vita, commissioning a huge array of new titles by independent developers. During my last year I commissioned a host of original titles for the PSVR.
For the odd games-related post, feel free to visit my retrospective at chimera2010.com, where in 2012 I made PC and Mac versions of Chimera, mostly on the top deck of a 98 bus, which are free to download and play for everyone and especially for fans of the original.
I’m known mostly for my engagement with the independent development community, of which I’m proud to consider myself a member. Links to some of my interviews can be found below.
I had the privilege of representing PlayStation on stage at various events, including the Eurogamer Expo and at the PlayStation press event at Gamescom.
- Named as one of the top 10 “Persons of the Year” by Games Industry International
- Named as one of the “25 people that changed games” by Develop Online
- Named as one of Britain’s Top 100 Influencers in the games industry by Games Industry International
- Appeared in MCV’s Brit List 100
- Winner of the Develop Publishing Hero Award in 2014
- Commissioned OlliOlli, winner of BAFTA for Best Sports Game of 2015
- Commissioned Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice, winner of 5 BAFTA awards in 2018
- Champion of Innovation Finalist, Game Horizon
- Game Advocacy 50 over 50
Beyond the Final Boss
Beyond the Final Boss encourages people from the games industry who were bullied when they were young to talk about how they’ve achieved success, respect, peace and more. Through these examples, we want to give youngsters who are being bullied hope that it can and does get better, sometimes much, much better. I had the privilege of speaking about this initiative at GDC in San Francisco.
Peace be upon you, all of you.